News & Commentary
- May 26, 2023 – RESEARCH THAT MATTERS: How a robot created by a Moncton university professor could help safeguard the future of our lobster industry
- May 5, 2023 – Atlantic Universities: Serving the Public Good – Vol. 7, Issue 4
- Remarks by Dr. Jean-Paul Boudreau, President & Vice-Chancellor, Mount Allison University and Member, AAU Executive Committee. IRCC Atlantic Dialogue Session ‘The Future of Canada’s Immigration System’, Pier 21, Halifax, N.S. 23 February 2023.
- Speaking Notes by Peter Halpin, Executive Director, AAU. “Atlantic Canada’s Advantages in Attraction and Retention of International Students.” Delivered at Future of Skilled Labor Force in Canada and Atlantic Canada: Attracting and Retaining International Students to Fill the Skills Gap hosted by Atlantic Research Group on Economics of Immigration, Aging and Diversity Conference, Saint Mary’s University. 10 February 2023.
- Remarks by Peter Halpin, Executive Director, AAU. Virtual Town Hall with The Hon. Sean Fraser, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). 13 October 2022.
- Vianne Timmons. “How Universities Have Changed, and Not.” Op-Ed. Canadian Politics and Public Policy Magazine, March 2023.
- Peter Halpin. “Atlantic Canadian universities need a level playing field.” Op-Ed. The Chronicle Herald, 29 November 2022.
- Peter Halpin. “Atlantic Canada’s campuses are immigration magnets.” Op-Ed. The Chronicle Herald, 17 May 2022.
- Bill Lahey & Stephen MacDonald. “A transition to net-zero is within reach for Nova Scotia.” Op-Ed. SaltWire, 03 November 2021.
- Thinking Out Loud with Sheldon MacLeod. “Keeping COVID off campus.” Peter Halpin, Contributor. SaltWire, 26 August 2021.
- Dawn Russell. “Excellent pandemic response makes Atlantic Canada a magnet for university students.” Op-Ed. SaltWire. 06 August 2021.
- Dawn Russell. “Atlantic Canadian Universities Lead With COVID-Ready Campuses.” Commentary. New Canadian Media, 04 August 2021.
- Peter Halpin. “Atlantic Universities calling on federal government for cash infusion for post-COVID infrastructure projects.” Op-Ed. The Chronicle Herald, 03 February 2021.
- Peter Halpin. “Students spell success for Nova Scotia.” Letter. The Chronicle Herald, 11 January 2020.
- “An inspiring journey with Dr. Joël Dickinson, President and Vice-Chancellor of Mount Saint Vincent University.” The Trailblazer – Business Voice Magazine. March 2023.
- “Mount Saint Vincent University president, Joël Dickinson, on International Women’s Day.’ Universities Canada, 08 March 2023.
- “Eliminate tuition for nursing students, university president urges province.” Denis Prud’homme, Université de Moncton. CBC News – New Brunswick, 02 March 2023.
- At an investiture ceremony held at Government House on February 14, 2023, the Honourable Brenda L. Murphy, ONB, Lieutenant Governor of New Brunswick, presented Association of Atlantic Universities (AAU) presidents Dr. Jean-Paul Boudreau, Mount Allison University, and Dr. Paul Mazerolle, University of New Brunswick with the Queen Elizabeth II Platinum Jubilee Medal in recognition of their leadership in higher education. Congratulations!
- Atlantic Canada: visa students 15.5% up as region looks for graduate retention. The PIE News. 02 November 2022.
- The Association of Registrars of the Colleges and Universities of Canada (ARUCC) is delighted to announce that Nova Scotia will begin a province-wide implementation of the ARUCC MyCreds™ | MesCertif™ National Network
- At an investiture ceremony held at Government House on October 18, 2022, the Honourable Arthur J. LeBlanc, Lieutenant Governor of Nova Scotia, presented Association of Atlantic Universities (AAU) presidents Dr. Peter Ricketts, Acadia University; Dr. Robert Summerby-Murray, Saint Mary’s University; Dr. Andrew Hakin, St. Francis Xavier University; Rev. Canon Neale Bennet, Atlantic School of Theology (2015-2022); and Prof. William Lahey, University of King’s College with the Queen Elizabeth II Platinum Jubilee Medal in recognition of their leadership in higher education. Sincere congratulations to all!
- “Mount Allison University President among ABM’s Top 50 CEOs for 2022.” Mount Allison University, 13 May 2022.
- Vianne Timmons. “Life below water: Ocean research for a sustainable future.” Universities Canada, 30 March 2022.
- “Infrastructure shortfall at Nova Scotia univeristies tops $1B.” CBC News Nova Scotia, 27 October 2021.
- “Enrolment up at New Brunswick universities, says Association of Atlantic Universities.” CBC News New Brunswick, 25 October 2021.
- “University enrolment in N.S. rebounds after COVID-19 dip last year.” CBC News Nova Scotia, 16 October 2021.
- “Post-secondary institutions play big role in economic, population growth.” SaltWire, 01 October 2021.
- “$7 billion of shovel-ready infrastructure projects identified across Canadian universities.” University Affairs, 17 March 2021.
- “Atlantic Canadians believe it is important that universities in the region are actively involved in COVID-19 related research.” Narrative Research, 17 March 2021.